Monday, July 28, 2008

Flawed


Another good weekend over, good not least because of the lovely weather. Saturday G and I went for a walk with a few other people, which was really nice. However, we did the walk at the hottest part of the day and despite drinking lots of water, I ended up feeling somewhat worse for wear. We went for a bite to eat afterwards but the damage was done and I could only eat a bit of the food on my plate (it is unheard of that I wouldn’t clear my plate). People went off for a drink afterwards but I had to go in search of a chemist to get something to stop me feeling incredibly nauseous and also to get some stuff to rehydrate me. I took the anti-nausea stuff while I was still in the chemists because I was so desperate to take it. I think if I go out on such hot days again I might have a bottle of water with the rehydration powder in it to sip while I am walking to try and minimise the effects of the sun. Anyway I managed to drive home safely and I felt much better as the evening wore on and felt totally fine yesterday. Despite the above it was a good day and a good weekend.

Yesterday G and I were talking about how to pair socks. G thought the manufacturers should put some kind of code in each sock so that you could identify its pair. I was kind of perplexed by this and said I usually managed to pair socks by just matching it with the one that looks the same. G seemed to think this was not as easy as it sounds. However, I then suggested that manufacturers could attach a small magnet on each sock and when you want to pair all your socks you just throw them all up in the air and the ones that match would stick to each other and be ready paired. There does seem to be the somewhat unfortunate flaw that while you are wearing the socks they could end up sticking to each other if the magnets get too close or alternatively cans and other metal items might get stuck to you as you walk down the street. I think this might require some more thought.

I have this weird thing going on at the moment where I keep using the wrong word. Instead I use a word that is totally different but sort of rhymes. So last week I was having a conversation and meant to use the word “banana” and instead used the word “pyjama” or instead of “flaw” I used “thaw”. I don’t even always notice that I do it. Surely that can’t be normal. I am hoping that it isn’t an indication of me starting to lose my mind, what with imminently getting older. It’s very odd though and I am hoping that it has just been due to tiredness.

13 comments:

DAB said...

OMG, mixing up words only usually happens once you reach the 40th bithday barrier. Go seek doctor!
BTW like the magnet idea TFX

Spudgy said...

Join the club with the word mix up thing.....I do it too when I'm tired. I listen to the gibberish coming out of me mouth but can't stop it.....but then that could be just normal for me!!

Random Reflections said...

TF - Maybe I am prematurely ageing - this is why I need to retire NOW! I'll continue to work on the magnet idea (if I remember, obviously...)

spudgy - yes, I hope it is just tiredness. Maybe then people will stop pointing at me and laughing.

Kahless said...

I think they should be attached together by a length of elastic at the heel.

Random Reflections said...

kahless - another good idea, although you'd have to make sure that you didn't fall over the elastic. I guess it would be like those gloves small children used to have.

Kahless said...

Alternatively maybe some velcro and zip them together when you wash...

Hey, do you think this is a dragon's den idea?

Random Reflections said...

kahless - I like the idea of sipping your socks up to wash them.

I can see this on Dragon's Den, but I think you woudl have to be the one brave enough to pitch it!

Kahless said...

Our other invention could be a spoon designed for left handers.

Random Reflections said...

kahless - a left handed spoon. Genius! How has no-one else ever thought of that??

Kahless said...

In case you are thinking of knicking my ideas, I have a patent application you know... :-)

A whole range of left handed products...

spoon, knife, fork, salt and pepper pots. I think Simon Jones will love it!

We could even do left foot socks and right foot socks.

genius!

Wow....
we'll be millionnaires...

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - You keep coming up with the ideas and I'll pocket all the money. Sounds like a plan to me...

I'll start filling out the application form for Dragon's Den.

jumpinginpuddles said...

all i know is when i get to heaven im hassling peter beforei get in about where the sock part of heaven is cause i want whats mine back LOL

Random Reflections said...

jumpinginpuddles - welcome. There will be a lot of tearful reunitings (is that a word?) in heaven. There are happy days to come...