Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Keeping your head

I set off for work early yesterday morning, as I wanted to get some stuff done before the new member of my team arrived. But the tube managed to conspire against to me and due to various delays, I only managed to get into work a few minutes earlier than normal. I should have got more sleep. At least my journey was better than that of a woman who was standing on the tube platform who it seems had stepped back from the edge of the platform as the train came in and as she did so she slipped her show came off and fell on to the tracks. She was left with only one shoe, with the other one lying there on the tracks, irretrievable during the rush hour. I guess something rather worse could have happened and losing a shoe was preferable by comparison.

I find that my mornings are now a bit quieter than the last couple of weeks. I had been watching the Olympics each morning before going to work and now its over I have rather more tedious mornings. I never thought that I could find any interest in a whole variety of thoughts and on Saturday this included watching the Taekwondo, including our British hope being told she had lost and then going through on appeal and in the male matches the disqualified Cuban kicking the referee in the head. Probably not the best way to submit a successful appeal. I am going to have to find a new form of entertainment to get me going in the morning now.

I would also draw your attention to this story. There are times when it is definitely better to follow the rules. Sometimes when they tell you “don’t open the cage”, you should follow that advice. Keep that in mind. It might help you to keep your head.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Snakes are a pain in arse, sometimes figuratively and more often literally. In our part of the world we climb trees to avoid them.

DAB said...

Random, Watch out for Sidney ;-) TFx

Random Reflections said...

gorilla bananas - ah yes, I see what you mean. I hope your climbing skills are up to it.

TF - oh yes, thanks for the warning. I'll be keeping a close eye on Sidney...