Monday, November 13, 2006

Peace descends

My landlady has gone back to Cardiff, so that means the heating has been turned back up and life has returned to being more peaceful. Over the weekend she complained a couple of times about how cold the house was. Apparently she had to sleep right down under her duvet, as she was so cold but didn’t seem to realise that she could just turn the heating up a bit.

Yesterday morning she said to me that she thought the phone probably had been switched off because it was making an odd noise. I went and picked up the phone and just said “that’s the dialling tone.” She replied “Is it?” and I assured her that it was perfectly normal. How can someone not know what the dialling tone sounds like??

She also took the opportunity to move several of my things about. Old habits die hard I guess. However, this was one of my landlady’s habits that I was not thrilled to see return:



For some reason I don't think you can actually see the picture but if you click on the picture above it will take you through to the link and then you should be able to see it (I'll try and fix it at some point). Let me just explain what the picture shows anyway. On the left we have the brush to clean the dishes with, on the right we have the implement used to removes the cat’s poos from the litter tray. Hygienic. [Edit: Now managed to reload it, so you should be able to see it]

This could be a new game, I could describe a photo and you have to imagine it.

No comments: