Friday, August 31, 2007

Patience

I feel much better than I did yesterday and normal service is resumed. For a four day week this seems to have been a looooooooooooooooooooong week. I am so glad it’s the weekend. I am wondering if I have been a bit under the weather this week though. One night this week I had to have a hot water bottle and another night I had to wear a fleecy jumper to bed because I was so cold. It’s August people and I have had to use a hot water bottle and jumper to keep me warm at night!!!!

Anyway, I should have a nice weekend ahead. G is staying for the weekend and we are going to do pleasant things and go for a couple of (gentle) walks and generally just have a nice relaxed weekend. Of course this will be after I have bored G to death about Vaxes and water meters and other such things – G is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrry patient with me which is fortunate in the circumstances...

Whilst I do sometimes wonder if we are turning into a bit of a big brother state, we are nothing compared to China which is about to introduce a system to more actively monitor Chinese internet users. Basically every 30 minutes a ‘police man’ will appear on people’s computer screens to remind them that the sites they visit are being monitored to protect them from ‘illicit sites’. I think UK internet usage would plummet if our use was monitored – well apart form the monitoring that Google and others do already.

But the internet has its uses, not least so people can create sites like this which is a map someone has put together to show people’s misperceptions of where people are in the world. Mind you I’m not one to talk as my geography of the UK is appalling. Perhaps I can entertain G by reading an atlas all weekend. I really should get out more.

4 comments:

Irene said...

At least with G there you won't need that hot water bottle and that fleece jumper. It's nice to be warmed up by another hot body, or does G have cold feet?

The Mad Hatter said...

I agree with the first comment bout not needing a hot water bottle this weekend ;-)

Although ... we had the heating on last week can you believe it? Also a cover over us while we snuggled on the sofa ... where did the summer go :-(
Kisses darling xXxXxXxXxXxXx

Sarah84 said...

i think, we will have a deep sleep after we had a hot bath. :)

Random Reflections said...

sweet irene - believe me, I am the one with the cold feet. G is like a radiator. I think we can conclude I get the better deal!

Maddy - Where did the summer go indeed?? I almost put the heating on this weekend but resisted the urge... Catch up with you soon.

sarah84vn - are we going to be having a bath together?? That's very forward, I don't even know you!