Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Baying

I had quite a busy weekend and now it’s time for another short week at work. Yay! I don’t know how I’ll cope with a five day week next week – so I’m hopeful that the threatened tube strike will take place.

I saw G on Friday night, which was nice. Then my parents on Saturday night, which was not so nice, but ok. Then my sister, bro in law and nephew on Sunday night, as I was baby sitting for my nephew and so stayed the night as they were coming back really late. Then spent the day with them yesterday before heading home.

Some of the weekend was also used to have a blitz of where I live, which included de-cluttering my bedroom and the kitchen, mowing the grass and cutting back some of the shrubs and tidying up. Most of where I live looks much better, the back bedroom now looks a total state though as that is where things are being stored until I decide what to do with them.

I also spent some more time on e-bay trying to track down something else I want, which is to try and keep my carpets clean. Once again the despair sets in as to my priorities in life these days... Anyway, I am still working on this item, so more time will have to be spent searching. I have kind of mixed feelings about e-bay. Yes it’s useful, but only if you know what things are worth in ‘real life’. I can see that people could pay well over the odds for something that they could pick up for less elsewhere if they hadn’t got caught up in bidding for it, particularly if the item is second hand.

Some of the feedback people give is a bit perplexing too. I was checking out a particular seller and over 99% of the feedback was good, but when I read the negative feedback the comments were things like “the product didn’t work like in the adverts”, which makes me scratch my head a bit because the seller doesn’t make the product and is merely the middle man selling it on. If the product was faulty or the delivery was slow etc then that it different to not liking the manufacturers design methods or they’re adverts that have appeared on TV. That’s why you need to research products properly before you buy.

I am still waiting for one of my previous e-bay purchases. It has been sent and Mr Royal Mail has kindly left it at a local business round the corner that is only open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday – so when I am at work. It was nice of that business to accept it for me, but unfortunately I can’t get the item from them. How am I meant to get that back then? I have sent an e-mail to Royal Mail customer services asking them why they left it there rather than taking it to the sorting office (which is a couple of minutes walk down the road!) and asking them if they can go and get it and take it to the sorting office instead. We’ll see what they say. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr…

4 comments:

DAB said...

Random, put me out of my misery, what is this mystery item for your carpets?

Random Reflections said...

TF - surely this will just destroy that last shred of dignity I may have had left. *whispers* It's a Vax. They're dead good for cleaning carpets and there's a place that does very good deals on them on e-bay.

Don't judge me too harshly, it's a life of sorts...

DAB said...

A Vax !!!, sweet jesus Random. Get rid of those carpets, slap down some wooden floors :-)

Random Reflections said...

TF- That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to 21st century for me! You're lucky I'm not using one of those old fashioned carpet sweeper things to clean my carpets with. At least I do have a hoover that plugs in.

See? I knew you'd lose all respect for me. *sigh*