Thursday, August 16, 2007

Going nuclear



Last week I had a strange dream. It wasn’t really a nightmare as such but I was dreaming that a nuclear bomb went off and I knew about it before it was going to happen (I’m not sure how or why, but it wasn’t because I set it off!) and I was trying to get away from it and it was bit like one of those films where people are trying to outrun on a tornado – I have no idea whether I succeeded… *gulp*

Anyway, I woke up in the night because of this but instead of it being because I was scared, it was actually because I was weighing up in my mind who I was going to tell about the bomb going off and my mind was sort of flicking back and forth through time and at points it was before the explosion and at others it was after it had happened and my brain was trying to process whether I was putting people in more danger by telling them to flee and if they might just be safer staying where they were. I think only I, when dealing with a catastrophic event, could be there processing the pros and cons of informing various people, including running through a list of some people to tell (*you* were on the list of course *and* you made it out safely, so don’t have nightmares) and trying to risk assess the impact of informing people at various stages during an incident. *shakes head in despair*

2 comments:

DAB said...

You are eating too much cheese. girl TFx

Random Reflections said...

TF - Sadly cheese does not feature in my health and fitness regime and therefore is not an excuse - I am just naturally unhinged!