Friday, August 17, 2007

Lightweight

I have come to the conclusion that the reason I get so tired is… wait for it… no really… here we go… because… I don’t get enough sleep. I can tell that you’re shocked by this very important scientific discovery and are wondering how I can possibly have stumbled across this groundbreaking conclusion. It’s just one of my many talents, that’s all I’m willing to divulge on the matter.

Actually what I mean is that I thought if I got eight hours sleep a night then I should be fine the next day, but I’m coming to the conclusion that actually I need a good eight and a half hours sleep in order to feel properly refreshed, which means being in bed by about 10.30pm or so. I am such a lightweight. Mind you, when I shared a house with a friend a couple of years ago she used to go to bed really late and then complain how tired she was the next day (*every* day). I’d ask why she didn’t just go to bed earlier and she said that she wanted to make the most of her evenings and by going to bed early that just benefited work and not her. I always used to query this with her and say that I went to bed earlier because it made me feel better and work might benefit form it too but ultimately I just felt more awake and capable. I can’t stand that fuzzy feeling you get in your head - and I’ve been getting it a lot recently – when you’re tired. I think I also need to get my eyes tested though. Old age is catching up with me I think, failing eyesight and going to bed earlier and earlier.

Anyway there is plenty of time for rest and relaxation this weekend as G and I are off to the coast again. We’re going to stay in a friend’s house and not do a lot. We’re going tomorrow morning and coming back on Monday and then we’re also both taking Tuesday off work – just because we can. So I shall dig out my bucket and spade again and will pray for sunshine. See you when we get back.



Oh and it seems that today is post 600. 600! Thank you for persevering with me...

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

You are very, very smart.

Random Reflections said...

clarissa - and you are very discerning!