Thursday, August 23, 2007

A load of balls

So, all my deliveries from e-bay have turned up, except one... I contacted the seller (who is actually a business) and he said that he is waiting for his stock to arrive. Methinks his customer service leaves something to be desired. Looking at his e-bay reviews whilst everyone praised the quality of his product there were some who said how slow delivery was - although others said how fast it was. Anyway, they're due to be sent out today.

One of my other purchases was some ecoballs. The jury is still out on this product. The basic principle is that you use them instead of detergent. You put the three balls in your washing machine and they are meant to wash your clothes as effectively as if you had put washing powder in the machine - but due to the lack of washing powder and fabric softener your clothes smell of nothing (although they do smell fresh and clean) when you take them out of the machine.

I am not a scientist (actually G is so perhaps I should commission a full scientific appraisal of them) but am slightly sceptical of why they work, if indeed they really do. Lots of people rave about them on the internet, but then there are a lot of people on the internet who claim to have seen Elvis alive and well or that they have been abducted by aliens - not everything on the internet is to be believed you know.

You're meant to do your washing on a low temperature (I think ideally 30 degrees) and use a fast wash (I think ideally 30 minutes) and if you add the ecoballs the washing should come out clean. But... if I did my washing with no detergent or ecoballs would they come out any less clean than by adding the ecoballs, is my question (I guess I could test this)? I guess time will tell anyway, if I end up with lots of very grey looking clothes.

I saw a few comments about Jeremy Vine not challenging a thug on the underground. Annie Mole writes about it here. I don’t know what I would do, chances are though not a lot, although I would consider pulling the emergency alarm. A couple of weeks ago though G was n the tube and a blind man was letting his hands wander over the leg of the women sitting next to him. The woman then moved away and sat somewhere else and then another woman got on the tube and sat there and the same thing happened again. So G went over and asked the blind guy if everything was ok and the man said things were fine so then G said that he appeared to be putting his hands on the woman beside him and that perhaps he should stop. I think the bloke made some mumbled response and stopped temporarily, the woman then moved away and I think he then tried it again when another woman sat there. Then the chap got off the tube and walked off. Yay for G though! Although I guess you are less likely to get assaulted by a blind guy, although if he’d had a guide dog it might have been set to kill. But yay for G for challenging someone acting inappropriately on the tube!

3 comments:

londongirl said...

G is a brave man. He certainly did the right thing (which is more than I would have done). We live in scary times though...

Irene said...

G is a mighty brave man and thanks for the ice cream offer. I have just started visiting your blog and will come by every day to see how things are. Get to know you a little bit.

Random Reflections said...

londongirl - we do indeed live in scary times. I might have to buy a bullet proof vest if things carry on they way they have of late.

sweet irene - thanks for dropping by again. I'm not normally around here at weekends, but feel free to drop by whenever you get the chance.