Monday, October 01, 2007

Alarming

I had that real “Sunday night before school feeling” last night. I haven’t had that in a long time but I was just not looking forward to going back to work today. I’m actually only in work until lunch time and then I am away until tomorrow night, but I still wasn’t looking forward to it. I’m not really sure why though. Still, I’m sure it will pass.

My burglar alarm went off while I was out during the day on Saturday. I’m not sure what triggered it, but I don’t think it had anything to do with someone trying to break in. I managed to reset the system but the strobe on the front of where I live is still flashing as though it had been activated – and I only got home just after the firm who installed the alarm had closed for the remainder of the weekend. Not ideal. So I’m going to phone them this morning and then see what they say and if they need to come round to reset it, see if my mum is able to arrange to let them in. Mum retired on Friday and so she is available during the day to help with things like that now, which is good. My dad hasn’t worked for years but cannot be relied on to do such things so it is very fortunate that mum can now.

Anyway, I did have a nice weekend. G and I went out for a meal at an Italian restaurant on Friday night which was good. We then just pottered about for the rest of the weekend sorting various things out. G was going to go home about 6pm but this would have meant missing Coronation Street so instead G stayed for a while longer and we sat and watched it and drank tea and ate crumpets. It’s scary sometimes how we seem rather like some 70 year old couple. *shakes head in despair*

Anyway, I'm off and I shall be back here on Wednesday...

2 comments:

the vicious chicken said...

Ugh, the Sunday Night Feeling - I seem to get that every week! I hope yours goes away soon. More tea and crupmets might help :o)
VCx

Random Reflections said...

Hi vicious chicken- welcome. Apologies for the delay in responding to your comment, I have been in the wilds of Exeter. I think the Sunday night feeling has now passed, there's always a place for more tea and crumpets though.

I like your blog by the way- particularly the monkeys. Yay!!