Friday, October 05, 2007

Testing

I am so glad it’s Friday. My cold has made me feel so worn out all week and there has also been the very disconcerting feeling of not being able to breathe properly. I have never had that as a side-effect of a cold before but there have been several times over the last few days where I have really struggled to catch my breath. I hate that feeling where you just can’t quite fill your lungs. I would hate to be asthmatic and I think I have a slight phobia about not being able to breather properly, so it hasn’t been an entirely pleasant week from that perspective.

Anyway… as it turned out there was no bid to try and get me to go and work for the dark side. We actually had a very constructive meeting and may have found anew way to take forward all the work we have to do. I’m pleased about that because when C went on leave at the end of last week she seemed so down about a range of things and so I wanted to be able to tell her some positive news when she gets back on Monday. The issue next week though is that she is due to get the results to some exams she sat a couple of weeks ago to get promoted and she didn’t think they went very well, so we will see what happens… I have arranged for us to go to France next week though. We were meant to be away one night next week for work anyway - but staying in a slightly seedy part of England. However, we’re now going to nip over to France instead which hopefully will be something positive for her to come back to. It is work but it should be very pleasant work.

Tomorrow G and I will have been going out for five months. So what are we doing to celebrate? Well, I’ve arranged to have my eyes tested* and I might also get a hair cut. Romance is not dead.


*There is no actual connection to having made it to five months and me having my eyes tested. It has been two years since I last had them tested rather than anything that may cast aspersions on G’s appearance. I am just totally unromantic and choose such days to go to the opticians. I am such a catch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Do tell me where the seedy part of England is! I want to go visit!! :D

DAB said...

Me too....

the vicious chicken said...

Hey-hey, thanks so much for taking part in my KSSP! So far, I think you're the first non-knitter to participate (or maybe just the worst at concealing the fact that you've made up your answer - who knows!)

Hope you shake that cold soon and have a good weekend,
VCx

Random Reflections said...

Lemonpillows and TF- you'll just have to leave it to your imaginations. It might turn out to be your favourite place in the world and then there'll be tears and tantrums and it will be a disaster!

VC - I think I should have tried to sound more expert by describing the stitch I was using and and the type of needles. Must try harder, as my school reports always used to say...