Sunday, February 04, 2007

Definition



The above is from the very nice site http://www.nataliedee.com

I went for a wander in Central London yesterday afternoon. I hopped on the tube and went to Trafalgar Square and then went to Piccadilly Circus and then back to Charing Cross Road. There’s something about strolling around London that sometimes is just a real pleasure in itself, particularly when there’s a bit of sunshine. Some bloke walked past me at one point and just said “nice”. I carried on walking somewhat perplexed by this. But there you go.

I phoned the people who provide my home contents insurance because I have legal cover as part of my policy. Basically I want a view from them on what my options are if the freeholder doesn’t reply to my letters asking if I can have a burglar alarm fitted. They were meant to phone me back with some advice. I’m still waiting. That seems to be the theme of my life at the moment. People who are meant to be providing a professional service just not coming up with the goods. I’ll phone them again at some point to see if they can answer my question.

I also continue on my search for a plumber. Someone was suggested to me, but I can’t find him listed anywhere so I am slightly suspicious of using him. So I’m going to ask about a bit more and see if I can come up with someone who seems as though they might be ok. I came across the details of a female plumber and I might actually see if she can do it. As someone who knows nothing about anything domestics, somehow I feel as though a female plumber might be more trustworthy. Dunno, we’ll see.

Anyway, I am off to see my nephew in a bit, so I shall leave you with a couple of places for you to peruse on the www. This site is just plain weird. It’s animals morphed into insects. It is very slightly freaky… Also, just to prove that hell does indeed have no fury like a woman scorned, here is a site where women fill out the details of men who have wronged them. What a wonderful world we live in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random, make sure the plumber is Corgi registered....
...
That website was weird but interesting, but I guess the camera never lies...

Random Reflections said...

Yep will do. It's finding one that is reliable and doesn't cost a fortune that seems to be the challenge. So many of the people I have asked don't seem to have ever needed a plumber!

As for the website, as you say, the camera never lies. You'll never look at a worm in the same way again.