Saturday, February 24, 2007

Forward




I went out for dinner with a friend from university last night. We usually meet in Victoria because it is quite easy for both of us to get home from there. Every restaurant was totally packed though and so we ended up walking through Green Park to Piccadilly and going to a restaurant there instead. I have no idea why everywhere was so busy, when we usually meet up it’s on a Friday night and we’ve never had a problem finding a restaurant before.

We had a good catch up and a bit of a chat about internet dating. Girl Dates London recently mentioned a dating site and I had a look at it a couple of days ago. Ignoring whether there is actually any talent on there, I cannot believe how er… forward some people are. I am obviously very naïve, but I was just quite surprised that various people seemed to say that they’re not interested in a relationship and just want sex. It’s not that I don’t think that there are people where that is what they want, it was more how blatant they were. But then I suppose that’s the point.

I’m not sure about the whole internet dating thing. I can see that it is a really good way to meet people, but may not be entirely good for the ego if not many people get in touch. Although I suppose if you are just looking for one person then it is more about quality than quantity.

On a totally different matter, I shall leave you to work out what is wrong with the photo above. The chap on the right is the Israeli Defence Minister and was inspecting the troops. Apparently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All people with some influence on the military are that smart it seems as we can also remember with Bush:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushturkeypardon.htm

It truly proves the intelligence of those people which pretty much determine whether some city will be bombed flat to the ground or not.

Random Reflections said...

Hi Psycho Dude- I think that turkey probably wishes it had been unable to see.

I think the picture of the chap with the binoculars also shows that they can't admit when they're wrong/ have made a mistake and carry on (literally) blindly regardless.