Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Miracles and other things


The above image is from Gaping Void

I was looking at the amount of leave I have to take this year. This leave year I have a mere 55.5 days to take. This *is* an improvement - last year it was 58 days. At this rate, by the time I retire I should be about at zero. I was looking at various bits of leave I might take, a few odd days off here and there, like when I have my burglar alarm installed, plus I might go and visit a friend in Germany who I have not seen for years, and visit another friend who now lives up north (she really does live up north, this is not a Southerners perspective of anything north of the Watford Gap being northern). I might also go to Wales with some friends at the end of May and so on. Add to that probably taking off two weeks at Christmas and it pretty much accounts for a whole (normal) leave year. Although I do actually have to get round to booking the time off which has always been one of my great failings.

So anyway the burglar alarm installation is booked and now I am trying to get in touch with the plumber I want to use, which is proving quite difficult because I think there is a fault on their phone line. Plus my TV signal seems to be really dodgy on occasion so I might consider getting that fixed at some point as well. Of course this would be rather easier if money were of no object. It’s a good job I am going to see my financial adviser tomorrow afternoon because he can hopefully pull a rabbit out of a hat for me – or more usefully a large stash of money.

I saw that this week is meant to be Random Acts of Kindness Week. I can’t say that I have experienced any such random acts myself or been the bearer of such things but maybe by the end of the week I will be inspired. I think if this week was “Be a Totally Grumpy Git” week then I would be doing admirably, but sadly people never seem to organise weeks like that.

Anyway, in honour of the day, here’s the video of “Miracle of Love” by the Eurythmics. It’s a song that has gone through my mind a few times recently for various reasons, not least just because I like the song and think it has good lyrics. Enjoy - and Happy Valentine’s Day.

2 comments:

Walker said...

The only burgler alarm i have here is the bat at the front door. The cats gaurd their bowls like hawks so any stranger without a refill can in their hands is in danger lol

Happy Valentines Day

Random Reflections said...

Walker - for some strange reason when I read your comment I thought you meant bat as in the thing that flies around. Now that would be a deterrent. It would make me run away anyway!