Thursday, May 03, 2007

Annoying

I am probably not alone on finding it annoying when teenagers listen to tracks on their mobile phone without headphones. Well, I experienced this yesterday but it was certainly different to anything I have heard on the tube before. Two teenage lads were sitting on the tube and I was aware that one of them had switched on something on his phone and one of the boys was kind of smirking. After a bit my ears sort of tuned into what the boys were listening to and rather than it being music it was actually the sound of a female involved in a *cough* pleasurable experience. I was actually rather horrified by this because to my mind the whole thing was really degrading. In some ways I wanted to tell them to turn it off because I thought them playing it in public like that was horrible but I didn’t because, as is so often the case, people don’t challenge teenagers who are being obnoxious. Grr…

I was talking to someone at work yesterday afternoon and she has seen a chap who works for another organisation who she rather likes. So she decided to e-mail him and ask to meet up to talk about some work related issues. She envisaged perhaps a pleasant late afternoon chat over a glass of wine and more of a social chat once they’d got past the excuse of meeting to talk about work. His reply was to say that meeting up would be fine and his boss would love to come along as well. Oh… She showed me his e-mail and asked what I thought she should say in response. His e-mail ended with the line “Did you have a date in mind?” I told her that perhaps she should reply and just say “yes”.

5 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

Yep, its so bleddy annoying hearing the music on the bus .. train whatever ... I wouldnt mind but there's signs up saying "please have respect for others and use your earphones".

And your poor mate ... Im soz for her!!!!

DAB said...

In my line of work I'm allowed to confiscate mobile phones from said Teenagers. Oh the power, oh the power :-)

Random Reflections said...

Maddy - I find even when people have headphones I can often still hear every word of the songs they are listening to. Pah!

My friend is persistent and we crafted a reply that meant they might have to meet again anyway...

TF - The power indeed... I dread to think what is on some of those mobiles, let's hope it is just music.

het (aka quickfit) said...

Lets be honest that kinda thing on the tube is a gross out...ahh, but you are right not to challenge for sure...
I think 'yes' just yes, thats a good reply

ciao4now

Random Reflections said...

I'm not brave enough to have challenged them but then I just feel like a bit of a sheep and as though I am letting them get away with doing something degrading.

I'll pass on your e-mail feedback!