Friday, May 25, 2007

Green

It’s my last day at work for the next week. Hooray! Yesterday was fine apart from when the chap who sits opposite me suddenly disappeared under his desk and started to throw up in the bin. Strangely, I didn’t actually notice this and it was only when the person I sit next to pointed this out that I was aware of what was going on. I don’t really know the chap very well, he only recently joined the organisation although I did have some contact with him in his previous job and actually spent a few days with him in Slovenia a couple of years ago. However, this did not involve seeing the contents of his stomach.

I jest about it but actually he was really, really ill and he has various medical problems (mainly a really bad back – if you have back problems then probably multiply that by about 100 and you might have some idea of what his is like), but even so this was totally unexpected. All the colour had drained out of his face and when he finally sat back in his chair there was a look that seemed remarkably like fear on his face - as though he was really scared by what had happened because he just didn’t know what it was but thought it was due to something serious. I found it upsetting to see that in his face. Fortunately, I think it is rare that you see genuine fear on someone’s face, but yesterday I really think that I did.

Anyway, I have a nice evening ahead and then I am off to North Wales tomorrow morning. My sister sent me an e-mail yesterday to tell me not to pat any chickens while I am away. Wise words. I assured her that the only chicken I would be coming into contact with would be in breadcrumbs and deep fried – because obviously that is much better for you.

The picture at the top is of Trafalgar Square and I just think it is so cool that it has been turfed over for a couple of days. Shame it’s not for longer because I don’t think I will have the chance to see it, but I think that is just such a brilliant idea!

2 comments:

londongirl said...

Eeek re your colleague. What caused it?

Random Reflections said...

Hi Londongirl - I still don't know as he was off sick the next day. I'll try and find out when I got back to work. Whatever caused it was very very unpleasant...