Thursday, May 10, 2007

No complaints

I had an interesting day yesterday. I got a message from a friend to say that she’d been asked to leave where she’s living. I feel so bad for my friend because she is so upset about it. Not just at the fact she now has to move but the circumstances of it which are just so unfair and based on complete fabrication by her landlady. It makes me feel really mad to think about it and also makes me feel really sad for my friend. Anyway, she’s going to stay tonight and maybe tomorrow night so that she can just get away from where she’s living and have a bit of space to think and decide what she’s going to do.

It’s funny because all those years ago when I got kicked out of home by my father I was so grateful for the kindness that people showed me in giving me places to stay. I’d always said to myself that if ever a friend was in trouble and needed somewhere to go that I wanted to be able to offer them somewhere to go. I know what a difference it made to me and I’m just glad that I am now in a position where I am able to do that. Sometimes it’s strange the way things work out.

I was talking to a friend at work yesterday who has been going through some real hassles at work and a new job she had lined up has fallen through. She’s really gutted about it and doesn’t really want to have to explain to people why it hasn’t worked out (because it isn’t any of their business) so we’re now trying to come up with a suitable excuse so that she can get rid of any nosey enquiries. Anyway, as it turns out that was the least of her problems because she also found out yesterday that someone has sent her an anonymous threatening letter. The circumstances of it are totally bizarre and she reckons she knows who sent it and she was asking me what I thought she should do - to which I said she should go to the police about it. It sounded totally horrible and the person had cut bits out of the newspaper and made this really threatening message to send to her.

Anyway in comparison to all of this, my life is a sea of calm at the moment. I can’t say that I am complaining.

No comments: