Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Nothing to see



Sometimes I am too nice for my own good. Yesterday afternoon someone phoned me at work who I don’t know at all and said that I’d been suggested as a helpful person who might help them sift some application forms for some jobs. I said that I probably could help and we met up about half an hour later to discuss it. Two and half hours later we finished going through the forms, many of which were appalling applications, and I was able to return to my desk, upon which I switched off my computer and went home. I think there might be more of this to come after the bank holiday as well. What joy.

You are going to give me all your money.

I was over at a friend’s house on Monday night and, for some reason that escapes me, we decided to google one of our housemate’s from university. Four of us shared a house and three of us are still in touch and the fourth has disappeared off the face of the planet. We had a search on the internet but didn’t manage to find her, we did track down the chap she was going out with at uni though. He has such a unique name, if I told you what it was you wouldn’t actually believe that it was a real name, particularly as his surname basically refers to a bowel movement, that he was actually quite easy to find. This also revealed who he is married to and for some reason I was kind of surprised that he wasn’t married to my old housemate. I’m not sure why I had assumed they were married, I think maybe I’d heard that they moved to Australia together and it was something to do with that, but I was just really surprised by this.

You are going to give me all your money.

I was watching CSI Miami last night and it had a plot that involved blogging. Whilst I don’t watch the programme for its accurate portrayal of all aspects of life, I did think that they had made up so much for this particular episode – how easy it is to track someone back to their blog, how the time stamps on a blog post are significant, that bloggers often put subliminal messages in their blogs and you therefore have to scout the posts and work out how to decipher them. A load of rubbish – and let me tell you there are no subliminal messages on this blog. Fools.

You are going to give me all your money.

5 comments:

londongirl said...

There are subliminal messages in your blog? Goddamn I didn't spot them.

Must get my team on it.

The Mad Hatter said...

Yes my love sometimes being nice isnt so nice for you ... people tend to take the piss ... use you and abuse you ... and yes again Im very experienced in this line of work ;-)

You must learn this word which Im still trying to get my head around ... look, say is slowly ... NO!!!! Got it ... I know its hard but like I said ... nice isnt always nice!

Kisses xXxXxXxXx

Random Reflections said...

Londongirl - I know, it's a shock that there is any message in my blog at all - let alone a subliminal one.

Maddy - I shall follow your advice to the letter and learn to say no. Grrr... (that's me practicing growling at people). Hope you're well xx

Anonymous said...

I saw that episode of CSI: Miami too. I thought they really went overboard with it and it didn't seem "realistic" at all.

Random Reflections said...

Kim and Sophie - thanks for your comment. If people think that is how blogging works then they'll be disappointed! Seeing as the case seemed to involve tracing a woman back to her e-mail address, all you have to do is have an anonymous account and you've fixed that problem.

I won't bother to explain all the other flaws in it. A good job it is only fiction...