Friday, May 04, 2007

Searching

I woke up in the early hours of yesterday morning and realised that I was holding a book in my hand. I sort of peered at the book and for a brief moment though the book was In Search of Adam – this proving the influence fellow-bloggers have on me, then my brain realised that book hasn’t even been published yet and then I remembered it was the middle of the night and I should be asleep anyway. I put the book on the floor and went back to sleep. Yesterday morning when my alarm went off I noticed that there were another couple of books on my bed, which I must also have picked up during the night. What is that all about? Did I have some major urge to read while I was asleep? These books were on the floor next to my bed by the way, I hadn’t been sleep-walking (as far as I know). Anyway, I have added a widgety thing in the side bar which is basically for In Search of Adam because it is obviously on my mind…

If you have a digital radio or the internet (hmm…) then you can listen to 6 music this afternoon and find out the result to the worst music lyrics ever. There are some real contenders…

If that isn’t enough to keep you occupied then you could trawl back through your e-mails and submit one to the British Library for posterity. It’s basically a collaboration between the British Library and hotmail (the all new hotmail!) – more details are here. Somehow I don’t think I want any of my e-mails to be turned into part of a historical document. My e-mails normally consist of me e-mailing people and saying “I haven’t done anything recently”, this can apply equally to my personal or work life. I could just set up a template really and send it as a standard reply to any e-mail. Anyway, if your life is more exciting than mine then get sending.

4 comments:

Drama Queen said...

What? They want our emails? How strange. . .

Random Reflections said...

DQ - I know. I do have to agree really...

Caroline said...

I am slightly worried for you dreaming about ISoA and still very very touched. I shall try to dream about you tonight :)

Random Reflections said...

Caroline - I've no idea what was going through my mind, but perhaps it is a sign that I should order my copy!

I hope the dream was good and didn't turn into a nightmare...