Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Endings

Going back to work yesterday was actually fine. I am in a good mood at the moment so although I would normally have been somewhat bored I was actually just feeling very chilled about things.

The person who I sit next to is really nice, and very bright and capable, but she is also the most forgetful and disorganised person I know. Often she will come into work and then realise that she has forgotten to key in at the flexi machine or lost a building pass or left her scarf somewhere. Today she spent some of the day trying to track down where she had left her glasses. She tried the cinema with no success and the Indian restaurant she’d had dinner at and various other places he could have left them, but with no success. Then towards the end of the day someone sent out an e-mail to say that he had the key to a locker that had someone’s CD player in and asking the person who owned it to collect the key from him. C just hung her head and said “that’s mine”. I just sat there and laughed at her. I did actually offer to go and get the key for her but she said that she’d better go and face the humiliation herself. I can’t understand how someone that competent can be so badly organised.

In work terms, today is a bit of an ending to some things, which in its own way is a bit of a sad occasion. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really make much difference to me personally but there is that part of me that does just feel sad about it. Anyway, on to new things…

2 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Always happens, leave a job, start a new one and then realise how much you liked the old one. Grass is greener and all that. Just hope the new one pays more :-)

Random Reflections said...

DQ- I think the changes probably affect others more than me. Without a bit of change what would there be to complain about??