Saturday, May 05, 2007

RIP

I am a bit confused by the seeming electoral ‘fiasco’ in Scotland. It seems that at the moment they think it is because there was confusion caused by the complicated voting system. The reason I find that confusing is because when we voted in the mayoral elections a couple of years ago we had to vote about three or four times (council elections, mayoral elections – candidate and separately for the party – and maybe something else too). I don’t remember there being major problems with that election. I’m not suggesting Scots are thick by the way, it’s just that they way they had to vote wasn’t unique and had been tried before.

What has happened to the weather? It is really cold today. But I am off out shortly to buy a lawnmower because my garden will shortly resemble a jungle if I don’t do something about it. I think today will be a day of domestic chores.

I was shocked (shocked I tell you!) to see that the goat that had to marry that bloke – people often seem to think the bloke got the rawer deal but I don’t suppose the goat was so thrilled - has died. It seems she choked on a carrier bag. Is it just me or is there something suspicious about that death? A bloke marries a goat and then the goat dies in mysterious circumstances – I mean how often does a goat choke on a carrier bag? It all sounds a bit too convenient to me. I feel a campaign for goat justice coming on.

5 comments:

Eddy said...

I think the confusion came from having different systems for the 3 different ballots - some you only marked one box with an X, on another you marked as many boxes as you wanted but with numbers signifying order of preference.

I knew what to expect when I arrived, but would have become confused if I'd listened to the officials - they weren't very clued up it appeared.

Pickle said...

And they introduced a new electronic system at the same time - apparently the combination of the two was too much for them to cope with. Except they're blaming it on voter confusion.

Every election communication that came through my door had an Idiot's Guide To Voting, so I knew what to expect. But even if I hadn't, the ballot papers had clear instructions on em. Humph!

Sorry, I'll get down off my soapbox now.

Pickle said...

PS Goats 4 Justice!

Eddy said...

Teeny - The Publican Party!

Random Reflections said...

James - thanks for the explanation. Something must have gone majorly wrong for that level of spoilt ballot papers etc.

Teeny - You must be one of those rare people who actually reads the election stuff that comes through the door. You could have been solely responsible for the election result as you may be the only person whose vote counted. Also, Goats for Justice - excellent. I'll fire up the printing presses to kick off the campaign.