Friday, May 18, 2007

Product

This week has flown by, I can’t believe it is already Friday. I have a good weekend ahead. I have a nice evening planned with the current distraction and then tomorrow I am meeting up with a friend in the afternoon and in the evening I think I am seeing my sister and nephew over at my parents’ house. Thee are also various other things to fit in such as mowing the grass, trying to cut back a hedge and other such domestic delights.

Last night I went and bought some blackouts to go behind my curtains because now the days are getting lighter there is loads of light in my room first thing in the morning and it wakes me up. I find that weird because when I was growing up I never used to draw the curtains at night and could sleep for well over 12 hours with no problem at all. Anyway, I need to put some blackout curtains up (which aren’t black incidentally) to make my room a lot darker. I stood there in John Lewis for ages trying to work out which ones I needed to buy and asked the advice of one of the staff who advised me and then pointed out that I would have to turn up the bottom of the blackouts. This is not my forte. I went to an all girls’ high school but we were not allowed to learn ‘typical’ female activities and so I have little skill in this area. So this may not be one of my wisest moves and I may have to call in the assistance of my mum. You can judge my level of skill in this area by the fact that while I was standing there looking at the various options I just kept thinking that nine of them were the right length and it never even crossed my mind that I might have to actually do something to the curtains to alter them so that they were the right length. I am truly a product of my generation.

Yesterday I had a chat with a chap at work about how my life is going at the moment and he was just absolutely lovely. He said he’d been a bit worried about me a few months ago and was so pleased for me that things seemed to be going well at the moment.

There is that part of me that is a bit nervous about how well things are going and finds it odd that things are good. But I figure that so long as I take things at the right pace and make sure I talk about things if I need to then hopefully all will be well. Right now, all is well.

No comments: