Friday, June 29, 2007

Cleanliness is next to... impossible

I am not a fan of cleaning. I don’t like dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing or any other domestic chore. However I do like watching How Clean is Your House. Maybe I get some smug satisfaction from realising that by comparison I am positively virtuous – and yet sometimes I do think that I could wake up one day drowning in my own detritus.

It was on TV last night and at the end of the programme I felt the distinct urge to go and clean my bathroom and kitchen. I even cleaned out the microwave properly (heat a bowl of water in there for a few minutes and it works wonders in making to easy to just wipe off bits of food that has been stuck there for ages. See? I can be a domestic goddess. Or I feel that I have killed off a few bugs and might not give myself food poisoning for a few weeks yet. I did point out to G that I have a very good sickness record and put this down to having built up a really strong immunity to every bug known to man. G did suggest that as I have built up a fantastic immunity already perhaps it is time to try another tack and wipe down a kitchen surface on occasion. Humph.

Anyway, I’m glad it’s Friday and I have a busy weekend ahead, some of it fun and some of it doing things like picking up my parents from the airport. It’s an exciting life I tell you, I even ordered my new bathroom flooring last night, that’s about as exciting as it can get. For once my weekend doesn’t have many domestic activities in it, how will I survive?

2 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

OMG shake my hand sista ... I'm no fan of cleaning either ... whereas fairy is a clean freak.

I do clean ... but only to save an argument. Fairy would clean day and night if I let her ... actually I've christened her Monica ... y'know ... from Friends ... watch her ... and see fairy ;-)

Love and kisses chick xXxXxXxXxXx

Random Reflections said...

Well Fairy is welcome to come over and do my cleaning any time that she likes. I might be slightly scared of her though if she is likely Monica from Friends - but if it means I have a clean flat I reckon I could risk it!