Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Weighty matters

I started off this week rather tired, not least because I woke up in the early hours of Monday morning because I could hear G eating in the kitchen (half a mars bar as it turned out – the other half is on offer if you want it). I can’t say that I generally get peckish in the night but if you’ve got to eat, you’ve got to eat. That is a philosophy that I often live by not least illustrated yesterday when I realised that I had taken lunch into work but was actually going to a meeting where it was provided. My solution? Eat them both. Although the lunch I had taken in with me was healthy, it still isn’t great for the waistline to eat two lunches.

I weighed myself last night and was not too impressed with the result, so I think I need to actually go on a bit of a health kick and eat a bit more healthily and work a bit more exercise into my life. This still doesn’t spur me on to join the gym at work, but I think I might have to fit a bit more walking into my life. They say that being in a relationship can mean that you put on weight, something to do with being contented and maybe that you decide you no longer need to make an effort with your personal appearance. However, a month in is probably a bit early to be letting it all go.

You may note that a couple of months ago I said that I need to be a bit healthier. I started well and then went away on holiday, which should have got me fitter what with it being a walking holiday but in reality all I did was eat food and look at the nice views – but still ate the hearty meals prepared each evening. Oops…

So… I need to be more diligent and not eat lots of bad things and try and eat some vaguely good things and fit in some exercise and…. This is so not going to happen. Perhaps I should just go out and buy some larger clothes.

No comments: