Tuesday, June 19, 2007

No messing

While I was on holiday I went to Portmeirion which is where “The Prisoner” was filmed. A really fascinating place – a Mediterranean village in North Wales.

Anyway, I learnt some new philosophies to apply at work. A famous quote from The Prisoner, which I would love to have as my wallpaper on my work computer if I could find an image of it on the internet – of how it sums up what I would like to say:

I will not make any deals with you. […] I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.

Oh yes…

However, as it isn’t actually practical to rage against the machine in that way, instead I bought two postcards. Now, I need not utter a word and can simply hold up a card should colleagues ask me things that I do not wish to comply with.

I will not be pushed




I will make no deals




Don’t mess with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been there. It's a weird place, isn't it ? Very eerie. I kept expecting that bloody white balloon to come and smother me.

Random Reflections said...

Yep very strange place but I rather liked it. There is that urge to look round and see if you are being watched or the white balloon is after you. Like a typical day in London really...