Sunday, June 24, 2007

Service

A speedy post, as I am away with work tomorrow morning until Tuesday.

It’s been a busy weekend, but reasonably successful. I think I have found the new flooring I want for my bathroom and I just have to check what is under the carpet at the moment so that they put the right stuff under the lino and then go back and place my order. I decided on it at 5pm on Saturday afternoon just as the heavens opened and there was a torrential downpour. G and I stood outside the shop deciding where we could head to next which would mean that we got the least soaked. As we stood there the man in the carpet shop came out and gave me an umbrella and just asked me to return it later in the week. I think that man may have got himself a sale…

I also found some paint that I think is the colour I am going to paint my hall. I got a couple of different tester pots and G painted them on to the wall and even drew legs and feet on one of them *shakes head in despair*. Now the wall has got large squares on it, it does rather commit me to repainting it so I think that is the next job ahead. I just keeping realising what a large amount of work it is going to be and I think I’m also going to have to repaint the ceiling as that is very poorly done at the moment. *sigh* I loathe decorating.

This afternoon I was going to put my new desk together, but when I took it out the box I noticed it was damaged. So then I had to phone John Lewis and order a new one. They did say they would give me a discount instead if that helped but I decided that it was better to get a product in perfect condition than hope that the damage isn’t enough to mean that the whole desk might fall apart at some point. So I have to go and pick that up next weekend. Life just feels very busy at the moment and as though I don’t have enough time to get everything done. Still it makes life interesting I guess.

Anyway, I have to be up early tomorrow to hop on a plane. I’m not off anywhere exciting, but I should do some really interesting things while I am there. It’s just a shame about the early start. Back Tuesday...

No comments: