Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Appalled

Judging by the comments on the BBC news website, I am not the only person to think this, but what is going on with the new Olympic logo? I saw it on the news several times during the day, in its hideous array of colours but it was only when I saw it in the newspaper that I realised that it was actually made up of the four digits 2012. It also irritated me that on the BBC they kept saying that it has been designed by “youngsters” – what actually is a youngster?? I just found the word quite patronising and generally was entirely unimpressed by the whole thing. I think a petition has been started to change the logo, but I think the chance of that happening are very low, I reckon we’re stuck with it. On the BBC news website they asked people to send in their alternative options and those were all far better. Some of them wouldn’t work in reality, but at least I could understand them. I feel like I am about 90 years old and shaking my head at the youth of today.

To once again prove how romantic I am, G asked me the other day what date we started to go out and so I said what it was (6 May) and G then said “So are we going to go out on 6 June to celebrate?” To be honest, it hadn’t even crossed my mind and I did actually have to sheepishly admit that I am actually busy that evening. It’s not that I don’t want to celebrate it, I just don’t always pay much attention to ‘significant’ dates (it’s my dad’s birthday today and I only thought of that yesterday and had to go out and buy a card and get it in the post), but am quite happy to celebrate it – when people remind me! Anyway, we are not going out for dinner on Thursday night, which G (generously!) seemed to find equally acceptable. I really need to work on my technique and do things with G other than go to the dump and letting G do all my washing up. I just can’t understand why I was single for so long.

No comments: