Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Leave

Despite having been on holiday last week I still have… wait for it… 48 days leave to take. This may take some doing, but I have decided to make a bit more of a dent in it by booking a week off in July. I plan to use part of the week sorting out where I live. This will include getting a new bathroom floor fitted – no more carpet for me – sorting out furniture for my bedroom and the spare room which should then finally have a desk in it and maybe getting a new fire place fitted in the living room. I really know how to live…

I sent G an e-mail to say that I need to do something to get through all my leave and that I planned to take a week off. I also took it as an opportunity to encourage G to get a new job because being a temp means taking time off equals no pay. Anyway, regardless of that I think we are going to go away for a couple of days at the end of my week off. I don’t think it will be anywhere very exotic, maybe just a couple of days at the coast eating ice cream, but it will be really nice anyway. I think I could get used to this taking time off work malarkey. Yay!

The other day I saw that some chap was convicted of sending vast amounts of spam. “Result!” you may think, except in the last few days the amount of spam I have received to my yahoo account has increased about tenfold. It seems that justice may not have been as effective as it might have thought. Grr.

3 comments:

Drama Queen said...

48 days?!! I only had 10 this year. For the whole year. Bloody Belgium.

Random Reflections said...

DQ- 10 days?? 10 days??? I'll sell you some of mine for a bargain price.

Anonymous said...

What ? 48 days ? Un-fricking-believable.