Monday, November 12, 2007

Bargains



Another weekend over and not too bad a weekend at that. On Friday night as I left work, it suddenly struck me that I wasn’t going to seeing G and would be all on my lonesome and I felt a bit sad about that. But then I thought about all the things I could get done as a result and came up with a plan of action.

So Saturday I set off for the big smoke and went wandering along Oxford Street to do some browsing and make some purchases. I did buy a couple of Christmas related items for G, which included a chocolate advent calendar (fair trade, I might add, or else I would have been told off) but you don’t just get to eat chocolate, it also opens out into an advent scene. While I was out, I walked past a Big Issue salesman and just as I passed him he, slightly sheepishly, said “Buy me and you get the magazine for free”. I decided that this would be the ultimate in impromptu purchases and decided against it. I did, however, manage to buy some more soda farls so the current crisis is averted, but I have now tracked down a recipe of how to make them and think I might give it a go at some point soon.

I then went to my parents’ house for dinner, which included mum trying to make me eat the wood chip stuff that orchids grow in and her then spilling a bottle of red wine all over both of us. It was a fun-packed night.

Then yesterday I spent a bit of time writing a friend a letter. I am aware that I have distanced myself from some of my friends of late and so am trying to undo some of that bit by bit, as it’s not really what I want to do. The old safety setting of keeping people at a distance has set in recently though and I need to do something about it before I leave it to late to fix. So we shall see what happens there.

Today, it’s back to work, but only for two days, then I’m off work on Wednesday and then it’s only another two days of work until the weekend. Yay!

2 comments:

DAB said...

Random, Sainsbury's had reduced price soda farls tonight at 25p per pack. If I pop back and buy them all will you take 45%?

Random Reflections said...

TF - 25p! 25p!! Go! Buy! 55%!