Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Desperate Times


I decided to try and use yesterday evening constructively. I am running low on soda farls, which as we all know are the breakfast item of choice. So I went to the big Tesco to get some more. They had none. Not a sausage. Actually they probably did have sausages, but none of the things that I actually wanted to buy the main one being soda farls, but you may also add to that list glace cherries and chocolate digestive biscuits. Tesco was already in my bad books as I was eating a salmon fishcake and in the middle of it was piece of plastic. I should have taken it with me on my shopping trip and slammed it down on the customer services desk and told them they needed to carry out a full investigation – or give me lots of extra club card points. I’m easy…

So then I went to Morrisons to see if I might have greater success there. Alas, there were still no soda farls, but they did have glace cherries, but they did not have marshmallows which I had entirely forgotten I needed to buy when I was at Tesco, but they probably wouldn’t have had anyway. I am going to have to take a detour to Sainsbury’s at some point to see if I can get them there, but I did try one branch yesterday and they didn’t have any. All of my usual options have run out. What is wrong with this country?? I do have to tell you that I am getting dangerously low on soda farls. I might have enough to make it to the weekend but it’s going to be a close call. If I run out, I will actually cry.

Yesterday was actually the six monthiversary of me going out with G. I remembered this when G phoned me yesterday morning to say “happy six-monthiversary”. I then promptly forgot again until G mentioned it again at lunch time and then entirely forgot again until G reminded me in the evening. I am rubbish. Although we didn’t actually see each other yesterday, so it’s not like I had to actually make any effort. *shakes head at self* *note to self* must make more effort.

Incidentally, I was buying ingredients to make some edible items for work. Two of my colleagues are putting pressure on me to bring them in things to eat. Hence needing to buy plain digestives, chocolate digestives, raisins, desiccated coconut, glace cherries and condensed milk, but as I am still lacking key ingredients, they are going to have to wait for me to turn these items into a couple of (different) culinary delights. Also C told me yesterday that she might apply for a new job this week, so she doesn’t deserve any. Pah!

4 comments:

Walker said...

I have no idea what soda farls are but i plan on googling them.

Random Reflections said...

Walker - Hope all is well! Soda farls are great (if you like that sort of thing). In fact they're the best thing since... sliced bread...

Anonymous said...

Tesco seem to like adding unexpected extras in your food these days. My colleague found a bit of eggshell in her sandwich the other day.

Random Reflections said...

LKSN - It makes you wonder what else is in our food that we never notice. Eek!