Friday, November 23, 2007

Dilemmas



As it turned out I had a very nice evening yesterday. I still find it weird spending time with C, what with her bring a mutual friend with A, but as long as we stay away from that subject I’m sure I’ll cope. We went to a pub near Marylebone, so beforehand I went to M&S at Marble Arch and wandered round their food section to try and get some inspiration of what to eat at Christmas. G and I are basically going to have a postponed Christmas, but we still have the issue of G being vegetarian, which does not really mix with the traditional Christmas fare of turkey. I was sort of thinking that we could have salmon, but last night G said that turkey might be an option, as long as it is free range. Whilst I like the idea of having turkey, I’m not convinced G would enjoy it and so whilst it’s really nice of G to say that, I still think it might be better to go for fish of some description, despite really wanting to have turkey…

I have an interesting weekend ahead which includes seeing a pantomime that my mum is directing (an amateur production). It’s Alice in Wonderland and as a child I was actually in a production of this and was a playing card. A very significant role, as I am sure you realise… To this day I can still remember singing about “cauliflowers fluffy and cabbages green”. I will be critically appraising the playing cards in this production, although this time they are played by adults. I guess they just could not match up to the pack I was part of.

On a more sombre note, I was really sorry to read of a fellow bloggers relationship demise of a relationship over at Let’s Kill Saturday Night. It seems to be the season for it.

Have a good weekend all, whatever life throws at you.

5 comments:

Spudgy said...

Go for a nut roast dinner - even a hardened carnivore like me takes that as a good meat substitute.

londongirl said...

Perhaps something like monkfish - it's a meaty fish and really nice if cooked well. Turkey's over-rated anyway, I always think.

Random Reflections said...

spudgy - I had a nut roast for the first time ever about a month ago and was quite impressed by it. Although some bacon might have improved it...

londongirl - Monkfish? An interesting suggestion. I might look into that. I don't want G to eat something just to appease me so that might be a good compromise.

DAB said...

There's nowt like trout....

Random Reflections said...

TF - I actually had some very nice trout a couple of weeks ago so that could be tempting...