Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Show Must Go On


As I said yesterday, I so enjoyed having the day off work. I am so suited to becoming a lady of leisure. If only I had a plan that meant that I could somehow pay my mortgage, afford to eat *and* go on lots of nice holidays. Give me time…

Anyway, yesterday morning G said to me “Do you ever think about the possibility of us living together?” “Erm…” I replied and, not entirely deliberately, changed the subject. G pointed out that I hadn’t actually answered the question and asked again. I said that it certainly was not beyond the realms of possibility, but not after only six months and that we would also end up killing each other if we lived together at my place. G agreed that this was a likely outcome! It’s not that I am totally unromantic, but I am very practical and six months is too soon to be considering things like that and it’s best to hold off from doing these things too early. Perhaps I should tell G that the right say will be the one when I become a lady of leisure. This could be the beginning of a plan…

If you have a cat you might think that he or she is quite a docile thing that maybe chases an occasional bird or mouse or climbs a tree, bit is generally content to curl up somewhere nice and warm and have a bit of a snooze. But your cat is obviously not called Sergeant Podge. It seems that this feline sets off each night on a walk and the next morning his owner picks him up one and a half miles away, but has no idea what he’s been up to during the night or why he always ends up there. But every morning she dutifully drives to the pick up point and the cat hops in and they go home. What has the cat been up to? Is he leading a secret double life? Is he working the night shift to keep up his expensive lifestyle? Might you end up speaking to him if you phone a telephone call centre at 3am (although his replies might be somewhat lacking…)? Or maybe he’s just decided to take up some exercise to try and cast off his name of Sergeant Podge? Or maybe he is just trying to get his own back on his owner for giving him such a stupid name?

Totally irrelevant to anything else but last night I was reminded of the song “The Show Must Go On” by Queen and what a great song it is.

2 comments:

DAB said...

The solution is staring you right in the face,come join the Porrige Empire, lots of first class travel, lashing of free porridge all you have to do is sign on the dotted line.... at 49%. I'll even throw in a daily supply of soda farls. Tempted?

Random Reflections said...

TF - First class travel and porridge - what more could a girl want?

49% AND soda farls. It's a tough call. I shall have to get my abacus out and ponder...