Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trouble Ahead

I feel very confused this week about which day of the week it is. My brain seems to be running a day ahead of itself and so to me I have already reached the end of the week. Sadly, this is not the case. However, G is coming to stay tonight which I think it because we are away at the weekend and it is the only way that the boxes of G’s stuff that I have accrued of late is going to somehow magically disappear in the foreseeable future.

I saw an article on the BBC last night about the US trying to force some of its diplomats to go and work in Iraq. An unpleasant prospect I am sure and I can understand that they might not be too keen on this prospect. But that reminded me that a few years ago I looked into going to work in Iraq for a bit (at the time when it was going to be a reasonably quick process to ‘restore’ Iraq. I am not a diplomat by the way - I am sure many who know me would be amused at the thought of that!) but then as it turned out it didn’t all come together to go there. In retrospect this is probably a good thing, but I guess if the opportunity came up again then I might consider it. *thinks* Although I’m not sure G would be too impressed by this. I had totally forgotten about that though and when I read that article I suddenly thought “hang on a minute, you were *willing* to go!”. How different my life might have been had I actually gone. Not that I have any regrets one way or the other, but I think it would indeed have rather changed the course of things though. Weird.

Anyway, on an entirely unrelated matter, ages ago I mentioned that I rather foolishly sang a song in G’s presence once who then continued to sing it endlessly afterwards. Ages ago I stumbled a cross an old clip on Morecambe and Wise performing the song and so I thought I would include it for your viewing pleasure (if you like that sort of thing). A really classic clip of theirs and it even includes Angela Rippon. So here you go...

No comments: