Wednesday, December 17, 2008

And now for the bad news...


I have some bad news to break to you… There’s no easy way to say this… Brace yourself… Christmas is cancelled *gulp* I know, I know. It’s not fair. But let’s face it, life’s not fair. So how do I know this? Well I know everything – and also my mum told me so. She sent me an e-mail yesterday and told me there would be no present opening on Christmas Day and instead we would do it on Boxing Day *sigh*. So I guess technically Christmas is merely postponed, but I will be at my parents’ house on Christmas Day looking longingly at the presents under the tree but not be allowed to open them because we have to wait until the next day when my nephew will be about *sigh*

Anyway, I read an article on the BBC yesterday about some research being conducted by Heriot Watt University into relationships. The article is interesting in itself but you can actually participate in the by going here. It’s about relationships and the media. I think the initial survey is quite long but you can then take part in other follow up surveys that are shorter and I guess it helps to build up a picture of changing attitudes over a period of time.

On a lighter note and with thanks to the Vicious Chicken, even though Christmas is cancelled, you are still allowed to tune your television in on Christmas Day night and here’s a little taster of why…

Oh and I was making some sweets last night and I ate *waaaaaaaaaay* too much sugar…

2 comments:

Kahless said...

Come nine o'clock christmas day I am usually conked out snoring my head off! So I'll probably not see the ad.

And as for christmas postponed... oh no!!!!

Random Reflections said...

kahless - but surely you could stay awake for a cheeky little monkey?!

I am still coming to terms with a late Christmas this year. *sob*