Monday, December 01, 2008

Sociable

I had a really nice weekend. We went out for dinner with one of G’s friend’s on Friday and then went for a drink with some other people after that – and I managed to do some more Christmas shopping and so am probably about three-quarters done now.

Saturday I woke up and was convinced it was 6 December and was then very confused that for some reason I was running a week ahead of the rest of the world. Anyway, I did manage to get myself back on track and on the evening G and I went over to another friend’s house, whose girlfriend we have both been a bit dubious about for various reasons, but was really pleasant company and that has totally changed my opinion of her. They are going to New Zealand for a year in January so it was nice to spend a decent bit of time with them.

Then yesterday evening I spent a while catching up with a friend I haven’t seen for ages. He and his fiancée came round and it was nice to see her too, as I don’t know her very well. So it was all very sociable, which is something I’m not always that enamoured with, but it was a really nice weekend, with such a mix of people and things to do.

It is, of course, now December (I have no idea how that can be the case), which means that I might have to put my Christmas tree up in the next couple of days. G and I did have a mince pie and custard yesterday, which was *really* nice and we are starting to get into the Christmas spirit. There will be some Christmas sweet making in the next few days, which I may share with you and you can salivate at from a distance. I’m nice like that.

No comments: