Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Matters

I went for a work Christmas meal yesterday, which was very nice. We went to the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar and I have never seen quite so much attention to getting things right, but with such an incredible waste of energy. We watch had a little card that we put in front of us so the staff could read our menu choices (that we had previously submitted) and then about three times someone walked up and down with an *actual* clipboard and compared what was on her list with what it said at each of our places. It still took over 30 minutes to get our started and we got our main courses after about an hour. The food was really delicious though and we had a leisurely afternoon chatting and eating.

Then they gave me the bill and I went through it because I had booked the table and knew what each person had paid etc. I just couldn’t get the maths to work out compared with what I had calculated people would be expected to pay and then I realised that they were mean to have taken off the charges for two bottles of wine, as they were free, but they had charged us for them. They apologised and recalculated the bill, but there was a part of me that wondered how often they forgot to take that money off the bill. It was very nice though, not as nice as the one on Loch Fyne, which and I went to in September, but it was good food.

I also managed to make it home nice and early and did various tasks I hadn’t had time to do over the weekend, like book a hotel for a wedding I am going to in February and send an e-mail to find out where I can but the notebook that G *really* wants for Christmas. A woman’s work is never done.

If you get the chance and, let’s be honest, if you’re looking at the internet you probably have at least a *little* time on your hands then go and look at Stray’s post and then wander over here and say what matters.

2 comments:

Kahless said...

I hope your workmates appreciate you.

Random Reflections said...

kahless - I think my workmates sometimes mix up appreciating me and laughing at me, but on the whole it works out.

Hope all is well.