I have moved to a new desk at work. My over friendly colleague was the one who organised the move. This gave him even more of an excuse to talk to me today. I did consider killing him and dumping his body in one of the packing crates. I managed to resist the urge. Today may be another story if he does the same again today.
I do actually have a horrible story about mice but instead I will give you a recipe to make coconut mice, as I was asked for this. So here it is...
250g icing sugar
200g tin of condensed milk
175g desiccated coconut
Red food dye
Sweets for the ears (something like white chocolate buttons)
Silver cake-decorating balls (to be the eyes)
Red liquorice bootlaces or similar to make the tail (or you could use wool if all else fails, but don’t eat that…)
• Mix the icing sugar and condensed milk together in a bowl and then mix in the coconut. Split the mixture between two bowls.
• Add a few drops of red food dye to each bowl and mix it in. Then add a few more drops to one of the bowls so it is a deeper red.
• Dip a spoon into warm water and dip it into one of the bowls and take out a big spoonful of mixture and use the shape of the spoon to create the shape of the body.
• Put the shaped body on to some cling film.
• Pinch the thin end of the shape to make a nose. Press in the silver balls to make the eyes and the sweets to make the ears.
• Put a piece of liquorice at the other end to make a tail.
• Repeat to make more mice. This should make eight large mice, five medium mice and three baby mice.
I am not actually going to make these this week, but I will be making:
Milk and white chocolate truffles
Christmas crunchies (a combination of biscuits, dried apricots, chocolate drops, golden syrup and drinking chocolate/ icing sugar)
I am going to have a busy few days...
Pay a visit to Avebury Stone circle
15 hours ago