Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Busy

It’s been a bit hectic over the last few days. My nephew came to stay, which was really good fun. He discovered Wallace and Gromit and we seemed to end up watching “A Close Shave”, “The Wrong Trousers” and “A Grand Day Out” on a continual loop. We did manage to squeeze in watching Happy Feet and Finding Nemo as well and also fed some ducks and made some sweets and generally had a really nice time. I did have to tell my nephew off for throwing a stick that hit another boy. I told him he had to apologise, which he did, but afterwards he looked like so miserable and so I had to give him a cuddle for about 10 minutes to cheer him up – and showing him some really good Christmas lights helped as well. I’d be rubbish at being a parent because I felt really bad about telling him off. But that was a really small part of the weekend and we had a great time.

G was ill most of the weekend, so also needed looking after. Yesterday I got G registered as a temporary patient at my doctor’s surgery and arranged an appointment for about 30 minutes later. G is now on some very strong antibiotics. Obviously those are not going to kick in quickly enough for G to finish the Christmas shopping (or so G says), so I went out yesterday and bought Christmas presents for several of G’s relatives. I think I managed to get everything and now they just need wrapping. Hopefully I don’t need to do that as well…

This afternoon we are off to the theatre and then we’re going to a Christmas concert tonight. It’s a busy old time being on leave from work.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

You'd be an excellent parent. The bad ones enjoy disciplining their children.

Kahless said...

As long as G had already bought your pressie!!!

Random Reflections said...

Gorilla Bananas- Thank you. That is avery nice thing to say. I hope you have a good Christmas.

Kahless - you will be pleased to hear I didn't have to buy my own presents. Just about a dozen presnets for other people!