Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure

So... I might actually be brave today and put in an offer on the place that I like. I spoke to these people yesterday who gave me some advice on extending a lease and actually you have to renew it before it drops below 81 years to avoid paying something that means spending thousand to do it instead of hundreds. So it’s too late now anyway. The estate agent reckons it will cost about £4000 to extend the lease, so I reckon I will take that off the asking price and see what happens.

The Chinese boys arrived last night and they seem nice enough. They are. However, using my bathroom, which is somewhat obvious from the toilet seat being up when I go in there. But what bothers me the most is that one of them used the cup that I keep my toothbrush and toothpaste in and left toothpaste froth round the edge of the rim and so on, which I thought was kind of disgusting. Why would you use someone else’s cup anyway? Or do I just not understand the mind of teenage boys? I think my landlady is going to have a word and remind them to use her bathroom instead. Although I can understand that they might not be too keen as they have to walk through her bedroom to use it.

I had a nice evening last night though and went round to a friend’s house for dinner and we had a good catch up and she cooked some really nice salmon. I’m off out for dinner again tonight, so having had a quiet week last week, I am making up for it this week and it involves food. What more could I want?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chilled white wine and chocolates springs to mind......

The Gripes of Wrath said...

*fingers getting cramp from keeping crossed over the house* ;-)

Random Reflections said...

TF- Well maybe not the wine because I am not a huge fan but the chocolate would certainly be welcome. I might even eat it before the rest of my Easter eggs!

Gripes - sorry about the cramp. Still waiting...