Saturday, July 22, 2006

Some progress

So it’s the Open Day today which is the master plan my landlady is using to try and sell the place that I live. Despite it being scheduled to last for four hours, there is one person booked in so far which is at 12.30. This does not bode well for success – although I suppose it only takes one person being interested in order to sell the property. I noticed the other day that my landlady seems to have reduced the asking price by about £30,000, but this still doesn’t seem to have drummed up any interest. Where I live is one of those places where you’ll either love it or have no interest at all and most people seem to fall into the latter category.

I have tidied my bedroom so that it looks presentable should hordes of people turn up for the open day. It’s kind of weird trying to decide what to leave out on view. Do I want photos of my nephew out? Do I want to leave out my normal reading material or should I leave out some books that make me look really intellectual – although I’d have to actually go out and buy some new books if that was the case, which seems a bit extreme. Mind you, I’m just hoping that the colour of my duvet cover is acceptable (it’s blue at the moment) and that they don’t rifle through my underwear drawer.

I had a nice day yesterday with my friend S and her husband. S said that her parents are going out to visit them in The Gambia in November and her parents had asked if I wanted to go with them. That would actually be quite good and I know her parents well, so it wouldn’t be really odd to spend time with them, so that might well be a plan. I think her dad is going to e-mail me and then we can see if we can sort something out.

I also saw a place on the internet yesterday that looked like somewhere I might be interested in buying, but I wasn’t entirely sure. I arranged an appointment for yesterday afternoon because I thought it would be handy if S and her husband could come along, as I knew they’d be good on giving opinions on what they thought and what to look for. As it turned out the place was really nice – two decent sized bedrooms, a decent sized kitchen (and we know how important that is!) and living room, although there was far too much furniture in the living room, which did not do it justice. It was in good decorative order, although the colour scheme was a bit questionable so would need a repaint in places. I’m going to phone the estate agent this morning and try and go back to see it with my mum today or tomorrow and then decide what to do. It would be good to finally find somewhere.

Anyway, I’d better go out in case there is an invasion of people wanting to by where I currently live and I can’t get out the front door.

No comments: