Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Open Days

I seem to have a lot of people that I need to phone this week. I realised a couple of days ago that I must still owe someone money for the holiday at the end of May because I only paid the deposit. I phoned someone last night to ask if she knew how much I owed and she called back while I was on the phone to someone else and left a message saying she wasn’t entirely sure, so I’m still none the wiser. I also need to phone a school friend who I have been meaning to meet up with for ages and a couple of friends from university and so on. Fortunately I’m not too busy over the next few days so will try and catch up then.

One thing that may have to occupy some of my time though is tidying my bedroom. Apparently my landlady is having an ‘open day’ on Saturday to try and sell the house. The house has been on the market for a good couple of months now and I think about three people have come round to see it. So I guess she needs to do something but I’m not sure her timing is entirely great. The estate agent forgot to advertise it last week and it is also the start of the Summer holidays so I am not sure how many people will turn up. The exchange students are also still here and I don’t think it is very fair for her to expect them to keep everything spotless but…let’s be honest, I am going to be the one who gets the biggest talking to about being tidy. My room is pretty tidy by my standards but I imagine if I turn my back for a moment the rug will have been removed from my room and my duvet cover will have been replaced by some floral monstrosity.

In some ways I think it would be interesting to be about on Saturday to see how many people turn up and so on, but I think it would be better to disappear off before it is all due to begin. Not that I know what time it is due to start or how long it lasts and so on, but I am sure I can come up with something to amuse myself for as long as necessary.

Anyway, I have to make it to the end of the week first, although I am off work on Friday so it’s a shorter working week than normal. The tube is absolutely boiling at the moment though and you can tell how irritable people are and it’s very hot when the trains stop between stations so there isn’t even any airflow. I guess the heat wave is all part of global warming, so do remember to switch off your lights and then that should make it a bit cooler on the tube. Or something like that. I never was very good at science.

No comments: