Thursday, July 13, 2006

Monkeying about

I think I’ve said before that my head of unit is due to retire some time in the next few months. Although I did hear the other day that she might just be leaving and not retiring, but as long as she no longer works with me, I will just be relieved she’s gone.

Anyway, yesterday they held the interviews for her replacement. I hope that you were sending out positive vibes at 10.15 yesterday morning when the person who gets the popular vote was being interviewed. There were four candidates and one of them is the person I’ve just mentioned. She works in the unit next to mine and we she is one of the people I have been working with the last couple of weeks. Everyone really likes her, she’s good at her job etc. The other candidates are another head of unit who is a nice enough chap; my old boss who is a bit of a control freak; and a woman who is an external candidate. We do quite a lot of work with her already and know she has a really nasty temper and is an absolute control freak. So guess who the money is on to get the job? That’s right, the external candidate. Several people have said they’ll leave if she gets it and I am considering that myself.

Anyway, when my nice colleague had her interview I sent her an e-mail to see how she had got on. This will once again show you how professional I am and how dedicated I am to my work, never getting distracted from all the important paper shuffling I have to do.

My e-mail

Are we feeling:



Or:



Hope it went well


The reply

Ha ha excellent.

Well I felt Ok but then I had a cup of tea with [H] so now I feel a bit...




My reply

I suggest this may solve your problem of people offering “supportive” advice





We find out who got the job on Monday.

2 comments:

mc said...

Oh, I do love the *very expressive* monkeys. Excellent. And fingers crossed.

Random Reflections said...

It kept us amused. I think she was rather pleased to come back from a stressful interview to be greeted by a grinning monkey. It still makes me laugh to look at the photos.

We're very professional at work.