Saturday, October 28, 2006

Changes

Things seem to be really hectic at the moment and changing in various ways (for the good I hope). I’ll have to try and remember the various things over the next few days, but the news hot off the press is that I seem to have got a new job - and I didn’t even have to apply for it.

Basically, I went over to speak to my head of unit about something yesterday afternoon and she took the opportunity to tell me about a job that is coming up that she would like me to take on. The job I am doing at the moment will come to a natural pause in January and I was sort of wondering what I was going to do then. It was never that I wouldn’t have had a job but that I could have been very bored and sort of scraping around for work. Anyway, I went and spoke to the chap who would be my new boss (but I would still have the same head of unit) and he explained what it would involve and I said that was all fine and so will start that work in January, although I might do a few bits in advance of that. As far as I know, no-one has told my current boss yet though so I had better mention it to him at some point.

I might still apply for a couple of jobs that are coming up that would mean leaving the organisation I work for, because they would be really interesting. It would probably take so long to get through the long application processes for them that it would be well into next year before I knew one way or the other about them anyway so it does no harm to move across to this job.

So I am hoping for some really engaging work, a nice boss, a new challenge and so on. Things are looking up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random, so pleased for you....

Change at times can be such a good thing..... TF

Random Reflections said...

Thanks very much. I'm pleased myself. I think I'll have a much better boss and will get to be out of the office a lot should my worst fears about my head of unit be realised.

Roll on January...