Monday, October 30, 2006

Moving Times

So, my landlady has finally gone. I didn’t actually have the chance to say goodbye to her as I went straight from my sister’s to my parents’ house and by the time I got home she’d set off for Cardiff. She’d left me a really nice note though (where she’d crossed out the word ‘birthday’ from the printed message!). A couple of night’s ago she was reading bits of an article to me about the benefits of having a lodger. Some woman had a lodger who was a trainee masseuse and a hairdresser. I assured my landlady that she would always be grateful that I had never attempted to cut her hair and as for giving her a massage… *shudder*.

I was having a nose on the internet the other day and saw that my landlady has once again reduced the asking price for the house. It is now on the market for £70,000 less than the original price. Wow! She really needs to sell it, but I still wouldn’t pay that much for it – not that I have about half a million pounds to spend on a house.

We had actually made some progress on the heating front in that my landlady had set the central heating to come on, but had set it so low that it was never cold enough to trigger the thermostat. So when I got home last night I turned up the thermostat to feel warm for once. I must remember to turn it back down again when she comes back in a couple of weekends time.

I feel as though I should do some “Friends” type montage of our time sharing the house, things like when a few weeks ago when she was talking to me about when she got measured for a bra. I wasn’t that keen to have the conversation at all but when she ended it by saying “I think we wear the same size bras now, so we’d better not get them muddled up”, I decided that it was time to get out of the conversation and not think too hard about the fact that she really had been inspecting my underwear in quite some detail. Or when I got back last night and she had rearranged my food cupboard and had been in my bedroom to leave some stuff on my bed for me to pass on to the cleaner. Or last week when I was standing in the kitchen eating my breakfast and she asked me to make sure that I emptied the cat’s litter tray every morning and evening (as the cat has somehow been left with me rather than going with her…) and then went into great detail about the cat’s bowel movements. I nodded my head to say I would indeed empty the litter tray - while the little voice in my head said that there was no chance I would be doing that unless absolutely necessary. *moving background song comes to a screeching end* Oh how I won’t miss that…

Instead of celebrating my new found freedom, I am away with work tonight rather than at home trashing the place. Life can conspire against you sometimes. So, I’ll be back blogging on Wednesday when I will be ‘working from home’ as my new computer is being delivered. Excellent.

No comments: