Saturday, October 21, 2006

The hordes descend

The house is being invaded by my landlady’s family this weekend. I think all three of her children, and their other halves, are coming to stay. I guess it’s because my landlady moves to Cardiff next weekend (or at least I think she is moving there next weekend) so it’s their last opportunity to be here in this house because at some point it will be sold – although that looks a long way off at the moment because there is basically no interest of late.

Anyway, one of her son’s was driving back to London last night and filled up his car with petrol. After a bit he realised that he was putting far more petrol in the car than had ever been possible before so he stopped and decided to go into the petrol station to complain (I still haven’t worked out why he would complain about that and think it was the petrol station’s fault). Just as he was about to walk into the petrol station he realised that there was actually petrol all over the ground under his car and actually he’d got a hole in his petrol tank. All the petrol had poured straight out of the car – and he still had to pay for it all regardless. Not a good start to his weekend. I hope that he at least remembered to bring my suit trousers and other items of clothing that he took home with him a few weeks ago. It’s always helpful to know that the clothes fetish is hereditary.

I’m not entirely enamoured by the prospect of all my landlady’s family being about, but fortunately I am meeting up with my mum and sister later and we’re going for afternoon tea and then we might go to the theatre in the evening.

I seem to be spending quite a lot of time with my family of late, which is something I will comment on another time. There are a few other things I have been mulling over in my head which I will try and write down at some point too, but I need to try and get my thoughts together. Anyway it should be a good day today.

No comments: