Saturday, October 07, 2006

Farewells

So my head of unit retired yesterday. There was a bit of a ‘do’ after work yesterday, so we all went along to that and said a fond farewell. As it turned out, it wasn’t a final farewell for me because my now ex-head of unit paged me this morning to get me to find something for her. Let’s hope that’s the end of it.

Coming back from Russia meant finding out what my landlady had done in my absence. My, she had been busy. This time she exceeded her previous form by removing various clothes from my room and washing them. Her fetish seems to know no bounds. If I’m not there to do my own washing then she goes and ferrets it out. So I came home to a whole load of clothes washed and ironed sitting on my bed. She also removed all the books from next to my bed and did her usual tasks of hiding all my stuff in the bathroom, removing the rug from my bedroom floor and hiding my duvet under a bedspread. So I took great pleasure in returning everything to its rightful place and my room is now as much of a state as before I left.

A couple of people have been round to view the house this week, one of them for a second viewing, but no-one seems to have put an offer in. A few weeks ago some people came round to see the house and I overheard my landlady saying to them that I was just staying there for a bit and if necessary would move back in with my parents. This was news to me. I realise she was just saying it to make sure they didn’t think it could be an issue, but it really riled me. I was very unimpressed that she would speak on my behalf, and say something that was actually totally untrue. I cannot think of any circumstance in which I would move back in with my parents – and I think they might be quite surprised too! It seems my landlady isn’t moving as soon as I had thought but hopefully things are progressing on me moving and I’ll be gone reasonably soon.

No comments: