Monday, May 15, 2006

And another week...

Yet another week begins. I have a section meeting this afternoon which my new boss asked me to set up. Hopefully by the end of the afternoon I will have some idea of what we are meant to be doing as a section. Although I am not entirely convinced this will prove to be the case.

Anyway, yesterday I went over to see my parents and this mean that I got to see my father’s leg. It’s very red and swollen and looks like he has got elephantiasis. He is going to the doctor’s this afternoon and mum reckons he will be admitted to hospital because it really isn’t getting any better and he can hardly walk. So we’ll see what happens.

I still haven’t heard what is happening about my friend moving to Bristol. She has to decide by today so I’ll text her later and ask her. In my mind I am assuming that she is going to accept the job and therefore I will have to buy a place to live on my own. I think sometimes I assume the worst case scenario because then if it happens it isn’t a surprise and if I doesn’t happen then at least it will be something better than I had feared. Not that I am scared of what will happen if she moves to Bristol as such.

The prospect of buying somewhere on my own is not my ideal, because the responsibility feels a bit daunting, but ultimately I have to face my fears and get on with it. I sound more philosophical than I actually am. Sometimes I have to say things to myself enough times so that I can deal with the reality. I have to kind of get used to the idea and once I’ve done that I can take whatever the action is. So quite how long I will take to face my fears is another matter, but at some point I guess I will have to do so. Particularly as my landlady is still going through the entire house to get rid of any bit of clutter she can find. The estate agent is coming round this afternoon to take photos of the house. I am assuming they’re not going to take any photos of my room unless they want to illustrate how much stuff it is possible to fit into a very confined space. Anyway, hopefully later today I’ll have more of an idea of what is going on in terms of housing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the meeting (and if in doubt , swallow the "Little Book of Calm" - it might just help... momentarily. The burps of calm later are always nice, anyway...)

Random Reflections said...

Helpful suggestion - would it defeat the object of it if I actually hit someone with that book? I think it might make me feel better.

Anonymous said...

Well, in which case might I recommend the hardback?...
(unless it's me you'd want to hit, for making glib suggestions: if so, er...the ultr-light mini paperback is far better...)

Random Reflections said...

No I wasn't planning on throwing it at you. I have many targets closer to home who would be preferable.

Anonymous said...

- including Estate Agents, I wouldn't wonder...
(How can they make sleeping with one's feet in a wardrobe sound like an attractive feature, I wonder? My mind is boggling at the mendacity required to make it sound alluring...)
;-)