Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cuteness and hellfire

I spent all day yesterday looking after my nephew. He as recently learnt how to walk and can now move at the speed of light. I think both of us were totally worn out by the end of the day and once again he fell asleep half way through me feeding him. My sister said he doesn't normally do that, so I have no idea what I did to put him to sleep. He was very cute though and at one point we spent about 20 minutes just sitting in the dining room looking at the aquarium and he just sat there with his head on my shoulder watching the fish swim around.

Anyway enough of such cuteness.... I see that one of London's landmarks has been given an ASBO. Anyone who has ever been to Oxford Circus must have heard the 'Sinners and Winners' man who seems to always be there evangelising through a loud hailer. Well, he has now been silenced, so that people who take offence at statements such as "Your hair's going grey, your skin's sagging and that's because you're a sinner. You are going to burn in hell." (a genuine quote!) no longer have to put up with his charming and presuasive words. The end of an era, but anyone who has ever been trapped on the traffic island where he often stands, desperately waiting for the green man to appear so they can finish crossing the road, I suspect will be breathing a huge sigh of relief. If he's been wearing a hoodie, he'd have been carted off months ago. Somehow I suspect ASBO or not his voice will reappear somewhere in London.

1 comment:

Random Reflections said...

I think it would be difficult to serve the ASBO on God - and what would the courts do if he didn't stick to the terms of it??