Saturday, May 20, 2006

Shattered Peace

So I had a nice relaxing weekend planned. Getting up late today, just doing a few bits at home and enjoying the peace and quiet. Then the phone at home rang last night and I didn’t bother to answer it. I usually answer my mobile but the home phone I just normally ignore and let it go through to the answerphone because it normally just means me taking a message for my landlady and the answerphone can do that as easily. Anyway, I checked the message just in case and it was my landlady asking me not to lock the front door as she would be back really late last night. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I thought she was away until Sunday - if she was returning at all. *evil laugh* Anyway, my oasis of peace, from being badgered about the tidiness of the house and how rugs make rooms look small, has been shattered.

Fortunately I have a fairly busy day ahead that includes doing some bits of shopping and meeting up with a friend this evening who I haven’t seen for ages. It seems she is, quite literally, homeless and so I’ll have to ask her what has happened there, although as she was living with her ex and her ex’s new partner in a one bedroom flat, it didn’t seem like the ideal setup. I’m hoping things have picked up for her a bit as she’s had a really awful year or so and has had some pretty major depression and it isn’t like her to get depressed and it has shocked her to not know how to deal with it. Anyway, it will be good to meet up later and have a catch up.

I see that if you buy a Kit Kat at the moment you could find a golden ticket and become one of the contestants on Big Brother. Now there’s a reason to give up chocolate...

No comments: