Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The return

Well, I’m back in one piece. Gibraltar was great and the sunshine put a permanent smile on my face. I just kept wandering about thinking how happy and content I felt. Getting away from it all into the sunshine was just what I needed.

I’ll post something tomorrow about Gibraltar and what it was like, but it was really great to be there and it is a shame to be back, although I am only in work tomorrow and then I am on leave for over a week.

I got back to the surprise that my landlady hadn’t totally rearranged my room, which I was amazed at. I also had £16 in refunds from London Underground so at least there were some pleasant things to greet me.

Anyway, I’d better get on with a few things including reminding myself what rain is like. Despite it being rather chilly at the moment I think my landlady has decided it is officially summer, so the heating has been switched off. Welcome home indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, indeed! Looking forward to hearing about the Barbary Apes... I used to know the Chief Air Traffic controller for Gib... Now *she* could tell a tale about the Rock Apes...
Anyhow - glad that someone had the sun: tell me - what does it look like? Please?

Random Reflections said...

The sun... well, how do I describe it as it reflected off the sea? Or how I wandered about in short sleeves until late in the evening? Or sat on my hotel balcony reading a book with the sun keeping me warm?

It was lovely, lovely, lovely, oh how I miss the sun now I'm back home.