Tuesday, May 02, 2006

And back to work again...

I had a real 'Sunday night before going back to school' feeling last night – despite it being neither a Sunday night nor me being at school any longer. I rarely remember my dreams but a while ago I dreamt that I was sitting my A-levels and had totally forgotten to revise for them. It was such a horrible feeling, but in some ways not all that far from the truth.

Anyway, the weekend was nowhere near long enough and I feel a bit hard done by that I didn’t get the full bank holiday complement of days off. Oh well, I am on leave at the end of the month and am going to Gibraltar with work in about three weeks time as well. *Gets excited at the thought of seeing the monkeys*

As of today the section I am in has been split, the majority staying with me as their manager and the rest going with my now ex boss. It’s all been incredibly badly handled and my ex boss has basically cherry picked everything that he wants and dumped everything else on to other people. Lots of people have commented on it. I never had a particular problem with him as a boss, but I know that some other people really dislike him because he seems to spend lots of time chasing them to see if they’ve done some work, even though they’re already working on it and the deadline is ages away. The words ‘control freak’ come to mind. He is rather too much like my head of unit for a lot of people’s liking.

While I was working over the weekend, one of the people I was working with told me she is joining my team. I expressed some surprise at this, what with being the team manager and having no idea that this was the case. I don’t know why I am surprised at finding out things like this any more, as we always seem to find out things by accident or have decisions made and then get told at the last moment. I will have to question my new boss in the next few days but he is not about until the end of the week.

It’s only a four day week. Focus on getting to Friday...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't sleep last night, too fearful and hating of work today-time off is like a sip of nectar or being touched by liquid heaven...

I feel your angst and if I had slept I'm sure I would have had the A-level dreams too... (funny, it is always the A-levels, isn't it? GCSEs, even Finals...pah... But A-levels? *shudder*)

- Fewer than four days to go now... and counting.

Random Reflections said...

There's definitely something about A-levels, maybe because they're the last thing a lot of people do before they go into the big bad world.

I hope work hasn't been too bad and that you sleep better tonight.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we are just experiencing a bit of the SSDD syndrome....
same shit different day)....

Random Reflections said...

Good point, I hadn't thought of that...

At least we are almost half way through the working week already though.